Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh Disappointment, Why Do You Stalk Me So?

So I received the paper for my invitations (yes, I'm 13 months out and already starting on them!), and much to my dismay, the vellum I ordered was NOT what I thought it would be. How disappointing! I wanted something that was a milky white -- just the normal vellum. What I ordered looked like it fit this description on the website, but alas, when it came, it was milky white... with sparkly speckles in it! Maybe if I was getting married in the winter, I could get away with this. Snow flakes, you know? Too bad I'm NOT having a winter wedding, and I don't think I could get away with acting like it's mimicking ice in October.

So I'm now at a standstill with my invitation making, which is very disappointing. I was so excited when I saw two boxes sitting on my doorstep on Tuesday! I even tried a test invite out to see if I could get away with using the paper that came. Maybe it wouldn't be that noticeable? Ha! I was to the point of just saying screw it and starting on them anyway, but I'm glad it was getting late and very close to bedtime. It forced me to stop and think about it more the next day, which is when I concluded that if I'm putting all the time and effort into these (and believe me, they will be very labor-intensive but oh-so worth it), I want them to look not just good, but great -- I want them to be exactly how I invisioned and nothing less. So... it looks like I'm making a trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend (because I refuse to pay $7 for 10 sheets at Michaels just because MS's name is slapped on them!).

Any of you run into similar problems like this? Maybe you started on a project, and it just wasn't turning out as you thought, or you ordered something that just didn't match what you had in your mind as looking?

Hopefully I'll have better news next time!
Miss Forget-Me-Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment